The library is one of my favorite places; it's like Disneyland for me. I can get lost in there just spending hours and hours reading and searching for books. I wish I could devote more time to reading because I love it. I went to the library on Thursday and came out with three books, two CD's, and two audio books. If you can't tell, I'm kind of a nerd. This was my first time getting audio books and I think their amazing! I am a multi-tasker so if I can "read" a book and do three other things at once, I'm happy.
One of the books I got, 1,000 Vegan Recipes by Robin Robertson, is great (even though it's not an audio book). I'm overwhelmed with all the recipes that I want to try. I want to do a vegan diet again but I might modify it. Like, add yogurt and cottage cheese and maybe some chicken and fish. So, it won't exactly be a vegan diet...
One of the books I got, 1,000 Vegan Recipes by Robin Robertson, is great (even though it's not an audio book). I'm overwhelmed with all the recipes that I want to try. I want to do a vegan diet again but I might modify it. Like, add yogurt and cottage cheese and maybe some chicken and fish. So, it won't exactly be a vegan diet...
I made Black Bean Burgers for dinner tonight (1,000 Vegan Recipes, page 120). I'm not a big fan of red meat so this is a great alternative for me. These burgers are abundant in flavor and I personally think they taste better than a hamburger. The texture is really different. It's almost like you're eating mashed up beans instead of hamburger meat. Who would have thought? But honestly, I would prefer this over a hamburger any night.
Black Bean Burgers

Olive Oil
½ Cup Onion, minced
1 tsp Garlic, minced
1 Can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
1 tbsp Parsley
½ Cup Bread Crumbs
¼ Cup Whole Wheat Flour
½ tsp Thyme
Salt & Pepper
Hamburger Buns or Rolls
Assorted Toppings (Lettuce, Tomato, Avocado, etc…)
1. Saute onion and garlic
2. Mash beans, onion/garlic mix, parsley, bread crumbs, flour, thyme, salt & pepper together (you want some texture). Shape into 4 patties. Refrigerate 20 minutes.
3. Cook in skillet ~5 minutes each side.
4. Serve on rolls with your favorite toppings.
5. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment