Saturday, August 21, 2010

7 Day’s Without Hiking Makes One Weak

I took a week off from hiking because I hurt my leg. This just about killed me. I think I might be addicted to hiking because I felt like I was going through withdrawals. I went seven days without hiking and I woke up this morning and had to get my fix. It felt so good to be back on the mountain!




One good thing about taking a break from hiking is that I picked up yoga again. I thought the stretching would help my leg (and it did). I’ve learned over the last few days that it does so much more than stretch my muscles. It stretches my mind to the fullest. It allows me to focus on the present moment. I can clear my mind and leave all my cares and worries behind. I don’t know why I stopped doing yoga in the first place but I’m glad I’ve incorporated it back into my life. Some people like to drink coffee in the morning to “wake up.” Yoga is my coffee. It’s the perfect way to start my day.








No comments:

Post a Comment