I seriously have one of the world’s worst blenders. I bought a cheap one at Wal-mart last year and you really get what you pay for. The reason I mention my terrible blender is because one of my friends told me that you can make cheese by blending cashew's together (we call it ca-cheese). I’ve never heard of such a thing and it intrigued me. So, I found a recipe that looked easy and decided to try it out.
You soak the cashews overnight, add a few ingredients, then blend it all together. Simple, right? Wrong! It took me three days to make it because my blender was giving me some serious attitude. When I say attitude, I mean that my blender would only blend in 5 minute intervals (it’s almost like it has a mind of its own). It was rather frustrating and I almost gave up on the idea of ca-cheese. But, I didn't and I'm glad I stuck with it, because it turned out great.
It still had chunks of cashew in it but that just added some character. The consistency is similar to cream cheese. And just like cream cheese, it taste great on a bagel! Even though it was a hassle making it, I’m going to make it again soon. I might even invest in a better blender.
It still had chunks of cashew in it but that just added some character. The consistency is similar to cream cheese. And just like cream cheese, it taste great on a bagel! Even though it was a hassle making it, I’m going to make it again soon. I might even invest in a better blender.
Yum! I love vegan cooking!
ReplyDeleteHere are some of my favorite vegan blogs (well they are mostly vegan):
fitnessita.com
thefrontburnerblog.com
neverhomemaker.com
katheats.com
Thanks Malia! I'm always looking for new recipes to try. Do you have any favorites? Have you tried cooking with tofu yet? I'm slowly learning how to cook it...
ReplyDelete