It’s really been a long day. It’s a little after ten and I’m ready to crawl into bed and go sleep. I guess that’s what happens when your day starts at 5 am. Unfortunately, I won't be able to go to bed anytime soon because I still need to study (ugh).
So, I’ve been feeling a little under the weather lately. Since my mom's not here to make me feel better, I had to be a big girl and take care of myself. I made a soupy concoction for dinner tonight. It was really simple to make AND it’s vegan (yup, I’m back on the vegan diet!). The ingredients are basic: rice, diced tomatoes, black beans, spinach, chili powder, salt & pepper. You cook the rice until its tender. Add the seasonings, tomatoes and black beans. Simmer for 15 minutes. Add a handful of spinach. Let it simmer for another 5 minutes and you've got a meal. I ate it with some homemade pita bread - delicious!
So, I’ve been feeling a little under the weather lately. Since my mom's not here to make me feel better, I had to be a big girl and take care of myself. I made a soupy concoction for dinner tonight. It was really simple to make AND it’s vegan (yup, I’m back on the vegan diet!). The ingredients are basic: rice, diced tomatoes, black beans, spinach, chili powder, salt & pepper. You cook the rice until its tender. Add the seasonings, tomatoes and black beans. Simmer for 15 minutes. Add a handful of spinach. Let it simmer for another 5 minutes and you've got a meal. I ate it with some homemade pita bread - delicious!






No comments:
Post a Comment